The Colonial Williamsburg Fife and Drum Corp leads a procession during dedication ceremonies for the newly renovated Capitol at the Capitol in Richmond, Va. The state Capitol building, designed by Thomas Jefferson in the Monumental Classical style, has housed state government since 1788. The wings of the building were added between 1904 and 1906. The Capitol reopened in 2007 after a $104.5 million restoration and expansion project that began in 2004. Statues of Virginia historic figures dot the grounds.